Wikipedia Expericence

Image by By Feakgok (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

In a recent group assignment in class, we were asked to edit a Wikipedia post in class. My group decided to edit the page on Toxic Food Environments. The editing part was very easy. After a couple days we came to the page to see that our edits to the pages were not taken down. My experience with Wikipedia was a pleasant one. I felt like I contributed to the vault of knowledge that Wikipedia held. It was good to see that what we put on the page was not challenged and stayed where they were. While it was a pleasant experience, I do not know if I would make an edit on Wikipedia again. If we were to of edited to a more looked at page, I thin that our edit would been taken down. So I think that you would think that editing to Wikipedia would need a lot of skills, which I do not think I have.

Comments

  1. Ya, I noticed the edits that we made on the wiki page weren't taken down, possibly because it was a small page to begin with so adding to it helped it. It was a fun experience thought, although I doubt I'd try to find another page to edit, because I wouldn't want to see what I put taken down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment