UA Campus


For my first post I want to talk about the UA campus a little bit. I work at the Arizona State Museum Library during the weekdays. Not many people know that it exists, so a coworker and I were putting up flyers around campus to advertise ourselves. As we were walking around campus I mentioned how large the UA campus is but it still somehow fells compact. UA has a vast amount of buildings on campus but they don’t feel too far from each other. They all seem to be within walking distance from each other. My coworker then mentioned the tram that runs through campus. She pointed to how the tram is kind of useless due to the fact that it only runs a few times an hour and that since everything is walking distance that it loses value. I agreed with her on this. a closing thought is that the Campus is large enough to hide our library from most of the student body, but compact enough that most students pass right by it.


Image 
by: Zereshk (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons

Comments

  1. While reading this, It made me think about the points you and your coworker thought about when it comes to the campus. The tram that I see on what I believe is on 2nd street? I hardly see it anywhere else, besides maybe when I leave form campus but its normally around 6th street. I don't feel like its extremely needed seeing as it only really goes around the outside of the campus while most of the buildings are compact in the middle. I also feel as if the library even though it is pretty big, is kind of hidden at times, seeing as I walked by it countless times before actually recognizing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment